in its 49th year, the Hawaii International Conference on System
Sciences (HICSS) is one of the longest-standing continuously running
scientific conferences. This conference brings together researchers in
an aloha-friendly atmosphere conducive to free exchange of scientific
ideas. Unique characteristics of the conference include:
- A matrix structure of tracks and themes that enables research on a rich mixture of computer-based applications and technologies.
days of research paper presentations and discussions in a workshop
setting that promotes interaction leading to additional research.
- A full day of Symposia, Workshops, and Tutorials. See Program Components for additional detail.
- A truly international experience with participants usually from over 40 countries, (approximately 50% non-US).
published in the Proceedings by the IEEE Computer Society Press and
carried in the IEEE digital library Xplore. Access to HICSS papers is
in the top 2% of IEEE Conferences.
presentations and discussions which frequently lead to revised and
extended papers that are published in journals, books, and special
- A keynote address and distinguished lecture which explore particularly relevant topics and concepts.
- Best Paper Awards in each track which recognize superior research performance.
- HICSS is the #1 IS conference in terms of citations as recorded by Google Scholar.